Easy Steps to Getting Started
Just deciding how to start your renovation project can be overwhelming. Many contractors can't help with initial sketches and have you running back and forth to your own designer. Totally Dependable is a full-service contractor providing you with "one stop shop" convenience. Here's an overview of our process for any project:
- Schedule an estimate consultation with a Sr. Project Manager. We will review your current space, discuss your ideas and project goals, measure the area of work (as appropriate), and provide you with our professional assessment and recommendations. For additions and renovations involving added space, your ideas may be documented in the form of a sketch or rendering* by one of our designers.
- Within 5-10 business days from your consultation, you will receive either a proposal with a fixed cost, or a budget estimate (prepared from your sketch). Once you approve the budget estimate, either a proposal will be presented, which will provide a fixed project cost, or a Design Agreement/Intent to Build Contract* will be prepared (applies to larger projects requiring professional plans/blueprints).
- If you approve the project Proposal/Design Agreement, you will sign and return this contract to Totally Dependable by fax or mail.
- Once the Proposal/Design Agreement is signed, your project will be confirmed on our Project Schedule. With you, we will determine the start date for your project. For immediate projects, start dates are typically scheduled within approximately 2 weeks from client approval.
- Project begins!
- As your project develops, you will be asked to make certain selections, from paint color to custom cabinetry selections, etc., in a timely manner; therefore, it is helpful to have some decisions made at the onset. We are happy to help you make some of these choices and have a full product line of vendors to recommend. You might also like to review our "Common Mistakes to Avoid During Your Remodeling Project" for helpful pointers.
- As your project nears completion, you will prepare a "punch list", which will be promptly addressed. Once the items on your punch list are completed, the project is finished, final payment is due, and warranties apply.
- Project Completed! Workmanship (12-mos.) and Manufacturers' Warranties apply, as appropriate.
- After your project is completed, you will receive a "Customer Satisfaction Survey", which we would appreciate you completing. This information is vital to our growth and only helps to improve our business.
- At this point, you are happy in your beautiful, new environment, and we hope that you might refer us to your friends and family. Think of us, also, when you have small (Handy Man Service) or large (Design/Build Service) future projects.
*The cost of either sketch or design contract will be credited to the total cost of your project.